Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April 1st

I wonder if I have failed my son by not allowing him to experience his first April Fools Day that he might appreciate. He's not good at taking jokes, so I opted to bypass any practical jokes today. But will someone get him at school, and I'll be a bad guy for not prepping him? Guess we'll find out!
I spoke with a long time friend last night for almost 2 hours. She and her husband are embarking on this adventure called church planting, and I am so excited for them. They are in the position to allow him to not make a paycheck for an extended period of time and simple focus on building a body of believers. Their idea of church is almost identical to The Springs, meaning they think relationships are much more important than a building. We have already been able to share stories of how God has worked in our communities and I look forward to hearing more. They are embracing Dallas, and we are loving Houston. I think it's amazing that she and I grew up in the same little Baptist church, and we moved to the two biggest cities in Texas, and we are going about "church" the same way, which happens to be very different than how we were raised.

No comments: