Thursday, April 24, 2008

Breaking up is hard to do

While I knew this was coming, it still hurts. Cameron has announced this first "break up" of our table group. Two families will be leaving our current table and joining with another family to create a new table. This is great news, because it means that we are growing. This is sad news because I will miss seeing these people as often as I have been. I know in the long term vision of The Springs, this will happen again. Eventually, we want table groups to be pedestrian friendly. I can hardly wait for that day! With Cameron's blessing Craig and I will open the doors to our new house to a new table group as soon as possible. And I pray that each participant will have walked to get there. But in saying that, I know that means that none of the current members of our table will be there. This is a good thing, really. I just have to pout for my own selfish loss a few minutes...

2 comments:

Brad said...

I feel your pain, Andrea. Those families that are leaving your group used to be in our group! The good news is that once you get to pedestrian scale, no more "break-ups." Welcome back to post-partum. Even as the Table as it is ends and a new one starts, you have already experienced the conception of another as indicated by your post below!

What is truly amazing to me is that you feel this in only 8 months of meeting together as a Table. I've led and shepherded groups who didn't feel this connected in two years! Amazing.

Andrea Himmelsehr said...

Having gone through break ups in our PBC Home Group, I have developed coping mechanisms. The first one there was horrible- some people even REFUSED to start meeting somewhere else. I believe they didn't have the long term vision that the groups are intended for. While those groups still work, I don't think they have experienced the fullness of what it can be.