Monday, March 31, 2008

A Near Miss

Jonas saved enough money to buy himself some off-brand Heelies. For those of you who don't know, these are tennis shoes that have wheels on the bottom of the heel area. Kids can walk normally, or lean back on the wheels and roll. Well, I told Jonas I don't think he's old enough to have these, but I told him if he raised the money, he could buy them. Saturday was the big day. Sure enough, he fell more often than he would have liked, but he seemed to be getting better. On Sunday we went to the park with our table group for lunch, whiffle ball, and volleyball, and Jonas brought his new shoes. Everything was fine for the 3 hours we were there. As we were loading the car to go to Jonas' soccer game, Jonas became distracted and fell. His elbows took the brunt of the fall. Immediately, his left elbow began to swell and became very ugly. He said it hurt, but he could straighten his arm and put weight on it, so we went on to the soccer game. of course, Jonas falls during the soccer game, on his left elbow, and comes off the field in tears. Poor guy- he was trying so hard to be tough. We came home, iced it down, and put him to bed. This morning, it still looked gnarly and was tender to the touch, but he had full motion and was in good spirits. We took him to Craig's office to x-ray it, just to be sure. It appears there is no break, so it looks like we lucked out this time. I told Jonas that he will have to pay for the doctors' services needed to fix something when he does break it, since I didn't want him to have the shoes to begin with. He just laughed at me. We'll see how much he laughs when I hand him the bill!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, so I am leaving a comment to officially say I have been to your blog. ;)
JM from LFHS