Saturday, April 12, 2008

Weekend-ing

I'll start with the good stuff... I lost 2 pounds this week! Woo hoo! I am now 9 pounds from my goal. So how did I reward myself this morning after stepping off the scale? With 3 cinnamon rolls, of course. =(
So it's off to the gym this morning to work off that sugar and all those empty (but oh so yummy) carbs. Lunch will have to be lean protein and veggies. Good thing I like those things.

Craig is somewhere between Houston and La Grange right now. They have been on their bikes for about 2 hours. It looks like they will have fantastic weather for the entire ride. I hope he has a good time, and enjoys his time away from us. I mean that in the best way, of course! We all need down time. I was going to take the kids and meet Craig at the finish point in Austin on Sunday, but then I found out the finish point is at UT. Are they crazy? 13K riders, and their families, downtown Austin, which is already a hard part of town to traverse. So I opted out and told Craig he can ride the bus home with his buddies. Besides, it cost $25 for the bus ride. It would have cost me well over a tank of gas ($40) to get to Austin and back. Craig gets a few more hours to himself, we save money, it's all good.

We went to the gym in League City yesterday and I drove past our home site on the way. They've started leveling the land next to our lot, so you can actually see our southern lot line! Very exciting! I plan to pop over there often as the building progresses, and maybe even start to meet some of our future neighbors (as they are out there watching their homes go up). What an exciting time for all of us! The kids are going to love this process!

1 comment:

sara said...

Craig's ride sounds great; I'd love that quiet time.

I didn't know you guys were building a house! How exciting!