Monday, March 17, 2008

Oh What a Beautiful Morning

I love this place. My parents' home sits on the Arroyo Colorado, a "river" that connects the Port of Harlingen to the Laguna Madre. Just hop on a boat and you can be in the Gulf of Mexico in 30 minutes. It's a quiet place, except for all the birds and the occasional boat. I love mornings here- we sit on the 2nd story porch that overlooks the water and take in the start of the day. Conversation always centers on the wind, the birds, and the chance for rain. My kids are old enough now to have full run of the place and I don't even worry. They can ride bikes up and down the long caliche road that leads to the main road, play basketball in the driveway, sit on the deck and "fish". It's beautiful and peaceful, and even though I didn't grow up in this house, it is home.
An update on our weight loss endeavor this week-
Craig stayed the same
I lost 1.5 pounds
That gives me a total of 4 pounds and Craig a total of 3. I hope I can stay at this pace, as an average of 2 pounds a week will drop me past my goal by 8 pounds! I can handle that! Then again, as I feared, my mother has prepared gooey yummy desserts for us to graze on this week. I must just say NO. Most of the time. Ha!
####Update since this morning#####
Did I say it's peaceful here? I meant to say it is USUALLY peaceful here. Today is an exception. The wind is sustained at 30 mph with gusts up to 55. I'm losing my mind! There hasn't been rain lately, so it's a dust storm out there. The kids can't even stand to be out in it for more than about five minutes. So I logged on to work for an hour to escape the insane sounds of the wind.... Good news- I found out I have been asked to participate in a 3rd interview for a promotion I applied for in November. Yipppeee! God willing I will get the job and it will allow us a little more breathing room on our new house. Which, BTW, I also discovered we have been pre-approved at a very decent 6%. That will probably change before September, but it could very well go down with the way things have been happening!

No comments: