Friday, March 14, 2008

TGIFBIGOVNW

(thank God it's Friday before I go on vacation next week)

Woo hoo! It's Friday, and I am on vacation all next week! Well, sort of- as I agreed to help with one project while I'm gone. But for the most part, it's no work! The kids and I are driving to Arroyo City Sunday after church and we'll be there until next Saturday. My brother, his three boys, and a friend of his will be there the second half of the week, too. It should be crazy fun. I just need to get through today. Carleigh and I will be taking a break in the middle of the day to go to Jonas' school to watch their egg hunt. Just what the kids need- more candy.
It's hard to believe that Jonas is almost done with Kindergarten. He has done so well this year! His teacher, Mrs. Kowis, has been excellent. He can read just about anything he sees now. I think he is going to be very good in 1st grade, as long as I keep him reading this summer. I think I will add that to his chore list- reading to Carleigh for 30 minutes a day. The boy loves money, and will try to barter for it through any task. "Momma, will you give me a dollar if I take your shoes to your closet?". So throwing in a new task will be easy, as long as I attach a dollar figure to it.

No comments: