Wednesday, March 5, 2008

What about Carleigh?

Since November, Carleigh has stayed at home with me every day. We pulled her out of daycare to save money, and it has worked. But the poor girl needs to be with other kids (other than Jonas) and watches way too much tv while I work. I'm trying to decide if I should enroll Carleigh in a Mother's Day Out program for the rest of the school year, or continue to let her stay here with me and only use drop-in daycare when needed. The MDO is 2 or 3 days a week, from 9-1. The daycare is open from 6:30 to 6:30, and I can use them any day M-F. I like the idea of Carleigh knowing what to expect every day (which would be the case with MDO) but I also like that I can have her stay at daycare as long as I need her to, when I need her to. So what's more important- her stability or my convenience? She's at daycare today, and the house is soooooo quiet. The cats are snoozing like they haven't slept in days (Carleigh won't leave them alone while she's here, so this may the best nap they've had in a long time). I'll have to pray about this one a little longer- nothing seems obvious to me either way!

No comments: