Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Blah


I have not felt good all day. My allergies are on overdrive and I tossed and turned all night. I have a phone meeting with the mortgage company about pre-qualifying for our house, and I have a dead weight in the pit of my stomach. Work has been rough lately, with very little positive feedback. My back is achey and I've gone through an entire roll of toilet paper for my drippy nose (I'm too cheap to buy a box of tissues). On top of all that, my momma is in Mexico until Friday. When I realized I couldn't call her like I do almost every day, it made me sad. Then it made me realize that some day, I won't be able to call her at all.

My parents are in excellent health and do not resemble most people their age (see the wonderful picture of them with my brother and his wife). So when it dawns on me that they will die, just like all of us, it catches me off guard. I KNOW they won't be here on earth forever. I just find it hard to imagine life without my momma being a phone call away.

We are going to their house after church on Sunday, and I can hardly wait to give both of my parents big hugs and lots of kisses.

No comments: