Sunday, June 1, 2008

The Shack

A book I recommend to any and every one who comes across my blog. The Shack grabbed my attention from page 1 because of the writing style- but held me in its grip beginning with the chapter titled "A Piece of Pi" (the author uses the mathematical symbol for pi, but I can't find it in my font options, so...3.14....). I want everyone I know, and people I don't know, to read this, so we can talk about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please comment as soon as you are done, or as soon as you have questions or comments.... My mom has read it and Craig is in the middle of it, and I want more input!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, you are the second person to recommend this book to me. Another friend from Idaho did a few weeks ago. That's all I need to pick up a new book. I'll let you know when I get into it!

BTW, we started The Tangible Kingdom today...I even gave you a week's notice!

Anonymous said...

Cameron has had this book for the last month or so, but hasn't had the chance to finish reading it....I was hoping he'd finish so I could start it. I guess I'll have to nudge him to pick it up again!

Anonymous said...

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!! I had my own little "weekend" over the past three days. I am going to buy a stack and give them away, I think.

I am still processing my feelings as I read through it, but I can tell you that it has made a mark on me. When you are ready to chat, just shoot me an email. I don't want to spoil anything for anyone by posting too much!

Andrea Himmelsehr said...

I took a stack over to my Table group last night. That's how I came in to owning my copy- my mom bought it for me after she read it. It's simply that kind of book!