Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Ten years

Friday marks the 10th anniversary of my marriage. I won't be in front of a computer that day, or I would save my musings for then. Instead I hope to be soaking up lots and lots of sun on the same beach where said wedding took place 10 years ago! We are leaving tomorrow for South Padre for 4 days. Not exactly what Craig and I had daydreamed about when we sat and discussed where we saw ourselves in ten years, but I am happy to take it! Amazing how reality sets in, and dreams of a 10 day trip to Australia turn in to the actual trip to drop 2 kids off at my parents and spending three nights in a friend's condo cuz it's free.

I am so proud to say that I have now been married ten years. It wasn't a given, as that first year saw the "D" word thrown around a lot. But God has gotten us through some crappy stuff and revealed the multitude of benefits that come from honoring a promise. I love my husband, and feel lucky to have him love me. He's funny, and so smart, and works hard, and is so handsome. Perfect? No. Wonderful? Absolutely!

I won't be making any predictions about where we will be in 10 more years, except with each other.

2 comments:

South Padre Concierge said...

Why not renew why you are here?
www.southpadreweddings.com

Wachsmann Family said...

Congrats on the big 10! Mark and I will celebrate our 11th on Saturday. We are actually going to a wedding! Kind of neat to actually go to a wedding on your actual anniversary I guess. Last year we went to the hill country for a few days and stayed at a bed and breakfast. I am so proud to see you two grow together so much.

Have fun and enjoy the time spent together. Love you!

Carolyn