Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Melancholy

Seems the lending rules have changed since we last financed a home. Craig has a student loan in deferrment- but guess what? It still counts toward our debt to income ratio. We both have very good credit scores, but no one will look at us without at least 5% down. We don't have that. The massive business loan Craig took out at the start of the last crazy 3 years is being repaid on a 5 year note- that means we make the equivilant of a house payment each month already. In the long run this is good, as we won't have a bunch of accrued interest. But right now, when we want to get in to a house, this sucks. I feel like a tire whose air is slowly fizzing out. I'm not boo-hoo sad, but I could slip in to that state pretty quickly. I dread the idea of living in an apartment again, and at the same time I know any roof is better than what is endured by millions of people in the world. I want to be with my community, and there isn't a rental in that area that we could afford. Maybe God is saying we need a new community. I don't want to assume I know where this will all lead, but right this minute, I am crestfallen, blue, having a small pity-party, etc.

And then, to add insult to injury, Craig's boss has implemented a new rule. Since Craig is straight commision, he now has to pay back a percentage of his paycheck anytime the office has to write a refund to a patient who decided to discontinue care. This is supposed to make Craig feel more invested in the clinic and the results it has. But dammit- I want him to just have a job with a PAYCHECK some times!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

{{{hugs}}} I'm sorry, Andrea. I can imagine how you feel...to come so close to getting into a house (a new one even!) and then have the opportunity taken from you. I would be bummed too. Have yourself a cry (there's no shame in that!) and then go buy yourself something pretty to hang on the wall of your current digs. :) xoxo