Monday, June 16, 2008

Why am I surprised?

We called our realtor this morning to make an offer on the house on Green Cedar. She called back five minutes later and said they had accepted another offer last night. We had prayed that God would close the doors we weren't supposed to go through, so why on earth was I surprised to hear this? He's so awesome. I was sad/dissappointed for about 5 minutes, but then quickly reminded that this was what I asked God to do! Can't wait to see what He has in store!

Another fun moment- I have a Facebook page, and I don't spend much time on it. But I received a notice yesterday saying someone wanted to add me as a friend. I immediately knew the name and was thrilled to get the notice! Brad Wheeler was a pivotal part of my teenage years. I met him when he was the youth pastor of a church in San Antonio and had some down to South Padre with a group. He and I were quickly friends and maintained a great long-distance friendship. I still have some of the awesome letters he wrote to me. He was a strong Christian and actively growing in Christ, and that influenced me in wonderful ways. I remember the day he called me to tell he had met the woman he would marry, Robin. He had it right on, and is married to her now with a daughter! I wish I had been able to maintain the friendship, but life happens- he concentrated on getting his marriage started and ministry growing, and I was off at Boot Camp and then on to college. Now, fast forward 16 or so years, and he is thinking about church planting while he is a youth minister in San Antonio. I'm a year in to a church plant, and thrilled to have another friend and mentor in Christ! Wow- the cheesy but true line from Michael W. Smith just popped in my head "Friends are friends forever, when the Lord's the Lord of them."

Thanks God, for the people you put in my life. You are amazing!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

You need to come look in Meadow Bend... (the newer part) We LOVE it and it's zoned to a fantastic elementary school...

Wachsmann Family said...

Hard to hear, but I am sure there is a house just waiting for you guys and will be even better. Hang in there and keep looking up. ~Carolyn