Friday, December 12, 2008

Good day

  • Today is my daddy's birthday. The kids and I called and sang to him and I think he enjoyed that.
  • Around 6 this morning, Jonas asked if he could get in bed with me and Craig. Since it was almost time to get up anyway, I agreed. About 15 minutes later, Carleigh joined us. Quite the cozy situation, as we sleep in a double bed, and the four of us all in it together fill it up! Usually this sort of moment quickly disintegrates in to wiggly kids and whining about having no pillow or not enough blanket. But this morning was different. For a good 20 minutes, the kids stayed still! Carleigh practiced (silently) making big Os and Es with her mouth, and Jonas petted Chloe. It was such a nice quiet few minutes.
  • And of course, it turned in to a tickle fight eventually. And I melted as I realized how much I have. Those amazing healthy happy kids, the warm cozy bed, the safe roof, a kitchen full of food, jobs to get up and go to. I think I've made this list before, but is there such a thing as too much gratitude? I don't think so.
  • We eventually ended up in our normal morning routine of breakfast for the kids and coffee for me. Jonas has a spelling test today so I reviewed the words with him. He correctly spelled all 18 Christmas themed words, including xylophone, poinsettia, and wreath. I'm impressed. And so thankful for that brain of his that functions normally!
  • Carleigh took a bath and no one combed her hair after she got out. It's long enough now to be a mess because it has dried while she lounged on the couch. And it is tangled! It's taken almost 5 years, but my cherub finally has enough hair to be tangled!!

1 comment:

Mami said...

You have a very nice blog.
I am actually close we had snow as well here in lousiana. Feel free to read my blog is the story of two immigrants marry in the wonderuful land of the USA raising 2 girls.
http://elashrycasa.blogspot.com/