Sunday, July 6, 2008

Our roller coaster life

Maybe it has always been like this, but I honestly don't remember a time in my life that has been this caddy-whompis (no- that isn't a real word, and no, that probably isn't the correct spelling of said fake word, but it works for me right now). Up down, up down. And around and around we go. We pulled the contract on that house, as we just didn't feel like it was worth the trouble we were having to go through. We have made up our mind that we will be renting for at least a few more years. We want to rent a house, though, so we will find one of those this week. Our prayer is that our debt will continue to decrease and that before we know it we'll be ready to jump through all the appropriate hoops to get in to a house we truly want.

I have to tell a story on myself. It made me laugh out loud, but that isn't saying you'll find it funny. But maybe you will. I was putting away dishes a few nights ago and thinking to myself about God's promise to fill our cups until they are running over. There is a song on my i-Pod that says "Fill my cup to the top with running water" and I was humming it, too. I realized that I still had 4 or 5 cups to put away and not enough room for them all in the cabinet. I tried to put one more, and a bunch spilled out. So maybe the song and verse is wrong- maybe it is "my cups runneth over" meaning God promised us more cups than we could ever use!

Yep- it was funnier standing there in the kitchen. But it made me laugh and relieved some of the tension I had been carrying.

No comments: