Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Jonas' baptism

It was a party, here on Earth and in Heaven! It was great to have over 100 people at the baptism celebration. Not all for Jonas, of course, as 3 other kids were baptized, but everyone rejoiced equally for each of the children. Not sure if you can hear it in the video, but Jonas was so ready to be baptized that he didn't even let Cameron finish his questions to affirm Jonas' decision. Yes, I cried, and so did Craig (Carleigh did too, but only because she couldn't get in the pool when it was over....)

Two of the other kids, Trey and Chase, are in the Sunday school class I teach at The Springs. I teared up for those guys, too. I absolutely love being a part of the spiritual growth of my children and of the children at The Springs!!! Thank you, God, for bringing us to the Bay area and for leading us to The Springs!

Jonas wasted no time in evangalizing our cul-de-sac. We met two of the other neighbors and each one of them was informed of Jonas' baptism, why he was doing it, and they were invited and encouraged to join the celebration. All by Jonas. I have to catch up!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderfully special moment, made even more so that Craig was able to do it!

Where are you guys? That doesn't look like a pool at the front of some churches I've been to in my life!

Congrats, Jonas. :)