Thursday, February 26, 2009

A theatrical year

I haven't posted since my half marathon, and that isn't the only thing I haven't done. I haven't run a YARD since that day either! I have been to the gym, but haven't touched the treadmill. I went on a quick walk one day, but didn't even consider picking up the pace. Eh. Blah.
But I have had a very busy two weeks! My front door might as well have been revolving, as I had guests non-stop. I love that, so please excuse me if you read that as anything other than excitement.
Speaking of excitement, I sit here about to go to my son's theatrical debut. He is playing the groundhog in the first grade production of "The Groundhog Who Stole Valentines Day". He has the title role! I'm very proud of him, I must say.
And it wasn't more than 3 months ago that I announced my daughter was playing Mary in the Christmas pageant at her pre-school. Wow! Maybe, just maybe, my kids have inherited my dramatic streak?
And when I think back, this year has been chock full of drama opportunities for my little family. Our church had it's first drama production during service one morning in the fall, and Craig was in that. And just last weekend, Craig and I donned our acting hats once more as we went to a Murder Mystery birthday party. We had assigned roles, and played them to the tee! The theme was an 80's 20 year High School Reunion, and I played the class flirt. Fun!!! I probably had on more makeup than I have the past 6 months combined (love blue eye shadow) and simply had a blast. Craig was the school reporter turned Wall Street Journal Editor. He was great too. Sure wish I had pictures of that to post here of that night, but there are plenty out on Facebook.
I will definitely get pictures of Jonas tonight. Be sure to check back tomorrow for proof of the future Oscar winner's performance!

No comments: