Thursday, February 12, 2009

My baby is 5 today!

My darling baby girl, Carleigh Jean, turns 5 today.

I don't remember life without her, but can't believe she has already been here 5 years! She has me wrapped around her little finger, I admit. Those blue eyes, that smile, her bubbly personality. She has a dimple underneath her bottom lip that I noticed the day she was born, and I find myself looking for it in our quiet moments today. It's something no one else may ever notice, but I love it. I expected a mini-me the day she was born, and was handed another mini-Craig. I was sad about her blonde hair for a while (I wanted a brunette, blue eyed doll- it's the ego in me), but absolutely love it now. She loves to sing, and read books, and help me cook. She can whine with the best of them (ugh) and she's an excellent liar. So, NO, she is not perfect. But I wouldn't trade her for anything!

No comments: