Saturday, February 14, 2009

I can scratch something off my 40 by 40 list!


I finished a half marathon today. Did you read that? Wanna read it again? Good, cuz I want to say it again.

I finished a half marathon today!!!

Here's some proof.


And those two people with me are my best friend since third grade, Jodi, and her husband, Jason. I love these guys. Aren't they cute?

It was fun, hard, long, foggy to start, nice in the middle, wind picked up at the 9 mile mark, and then it sprinkled as I finished. 2 minutes after I walked in to the finish tent, it started pouring rain. Whew! There weren't a lot of spectators (probably because of the weather) but the few that were there were encouraging and fun. My only regret is that Craig wasn't there. The amazing man I call a husband stayed at home with the 5 kids while Jodi, Jason, and I went to the race. HE deserves a medal!

I will definitely do another one. Maybe someday even work up to a full marathon. But now- on to the next item on my list of 40 things to do before I turn 40. I want to read the Bible from cover to cover.

4 comments:

Wachsmann Family said...

Congrats again! I am proud of you (and Craig)! It takes a special dad/man to take care of the kids. I am blessed to have one of those husbands too.

Wachsmann Family said...

Congrats! From Mark this time. I've run two, and it's a fun distance. I'm kind of jealous, wish I was in shape to run one now :)

Adriane Sparks said...

I am so proud of you, I wish we could have been there to cheer you on/participate with you! Maybe next time.

kari and kijsa said...

Congrats! this is on our list! We did a relay marathon in November as a family- so fun! (and much easier than a half!)
blessings,
kari & kijsa