Wednesday, November 5, 2008

13.1 miles

My best friend Jodi wants to be healthy in her "old age" and knows it is up to her to make that happen. So, she has made a determined decision to stay active, and even more so. We are best friends, and I agree with her decision, so I'm going to join her on this quest for health. And we aren't fooling around here- Step 1- we're running a half marathon on February 14.

This is insane, considering the fact that I hate to run. When I was in the Army, it was the bain of my existence to have to run, and it took minor miracles for me to complete the 2 miles. What am I thinking? I guess I am thinking that I need to challenge myself, and if Jodi is going to do it, I'll join her.

We want to be HOT in our nursing homes...

2 comments:

Sarah said...

You can do it! It's an awesome experience! Which race are you training for?

Andrea Himmelsehr said...

The Surfside race. God help me- it's not only 13 miles, but on packed sand!!!