Thursday, October 30, 2008

Random thoughts

  • Work is crazy busy- but I hear that is a sign of job security. I'll take that as a good sign.
  • We went to buy the kids' costumes last night. They were half price at Wal Mart so they both cost a grand total of $19. Whoop-ee! I let the kids pick their own, within reason, and I was shocked at Carleigh's choice. She picked Batgirl. I have to tell you that it is a cutie patootie costume, but she passed over several frilly pink things to get to it. She's very well rounded, I believe!
  • I just found out that a friend of mine was on American Gladiators! I knew she was in shape, but this is still a shock. She's the mother of three children under 6 and dresses conservatively. But she posted a picture of herself in "character"- bikini, spray tan, etc.- and WOW! I wish I had taken her up on her offer to get me on a work out schedule back when we worked out at the same gym in Arlington.
  • We've made plans on how to spend the holidays. We will go camping/hunting with my family for Thanksgiving and we are going to Omaha for Christmas! I am about 5% sad that we won't spend Christmas here in the house, but 95% thrilled to be going to Nebraska! We haven't been in almost 2 years and have I said this before? I love it there!

No comments: