Monday, November 24, 2008

I'm glad we don't live as long as Methusalah anymore

Things here in this world look bleak these days, don't they? I have friends who are unemployed, friends who are not happy in their marriages, my stock is in the toilet. Craig's paycheck is based on the clinic's collections and those have been down. Turns out someone was stealing from their office. The government just bailed out my company for something like $20 billion- ack!
But I will not dwell on these things. They are all temporary- and my soul is eternal. And I know how this game ends. Worse case secenario- I die. And since dying means going to spend eternity with my savior, that's really great!
I'm feeling a little bleak today, despite my eternal perspective, and not because of anything above mentioned. Today, on November 24th, it is 78 degrees outside. Seriously???? Not my idea of nice weather. And we are going to go camping for Thanksgiving this year, so I'm a little bummed that the traditional side of the holiday won't exist for me this year. I don't even get to plan an exciting pre-dawn trip to a store to purchase that one perfect deal of the year, since I think we will be more than an hour from the nearest store on Friday. Someone remind me that none of that matters, okay? What matters is that I will get to spend time with my parents, brother, nephews, husband and children. That doesn't happen nearly often enough, and it doesn't matter what meal is being served!

No comments: