Monday, October 27, 2008

Mixed emotions

My heart hurts for my friends who are going through some rough stuff, but at the same time, I see their circumstances as chances to be grateful for what I have. Of course I don't wish these things on anyone, especially my best friends, but is it wrong to draw comfort from the fact that I am not going through the same thing? My husband is employed and our marriage is strong. Our kids are healthy. Last night we watched Extreme Makeover Home Edition and I was crying 3 minutes in to it- the family they helped has a 10 year old boy who has been through enough medical crap to last three life times. I looked at Jonas and told him to come give me a hug. He said "No, cuz you just want to hug me because that story is making you sad. You can hug me when you are happy to see me." Ouch.

On a side note- my right arm is sore this morning because a)we went bowling yesterday for the first time in 6 months and b) I carried a 8 pound pumpkin (the pumpkin was decorated as Super Diaper Baby, BTW) to school for Jonas this morning. So I need to either bowl more often, and with my left hand (can't make my game worse) and I need to get some hand weights and carry them with me every time I walk Jonas to and from school. I'll have arms like Madonna before Christmas!!!

4 comments:

sara said...

Tell me....was it YOU who was dressed like a Super Diaper baby??? hahahha ;)

Andrea Himmelsehr said...

Doh! Major grammar error there! I will correct immediately! That changes the story dramatically...

Andrea Himmelsehr said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sara said...

I was only trying to be funny, not nit-picky. :)

<3

Here's hopin arms of steel by Christmas!