Sunday, September 26, 2010

A mobile family of 4!

I have to share how fun today was. We, as in Jonas, Carleigh, Craig, and I, rode our bikes 3.5 miles to Challenger Park. We spent 2 hours swinging higher than each other, exploring nature trails, investigating "banana spiders", avoiding said spiders' webs, making up and then racing each other on WipeOut obstacle courses on the various playscapes, and oohing and ahhing over the cooler breezes. We then finished by riding 3.5 miles home. It was wonderful! There was about 5 minutes of whining from Carleigh about being tired, and that was it. Amazing!
Super cool, in my opinion, that we are at that stage that we can all go for a bike ride. A bike ride longer than the distance to the neighborhood park and back! While some moms may see this as a sad thing, that her babies are no longer babies, but not me. I am thrilled to say that we are here! It means we are doing good things with the kids. That they enjoy the outdoors and like being with us. I will savor these days as long as they last. The kids are semi-independent, but still need us for most things.

No comments: