Saturday, January 24, 2009

Unconventional friend

Guess what? In 21 days I am participating in a half marathon. OMG! My best est friend Jodi is joining me (her husband too) and I am super excited. Especially after reading the latest entry by Liz Jordan, who just ran her first full marathon. She's quite the inspiration. I feel so blessed to have moved to Houston and find Liz on the afternoon show of KSBJ. She's funny, and honest, and cute, and loves life and God and her boyfriend and her family. And she loves Houston- which is big for me because I wasn't this town's biggest fan when we moved here 2 years ago. I'm finding myself intrigued by her stories about the different parts of town and wanting to go find out for myself.
Little things like this blow my mind when I let myself dwell on them. God is so gracious. This is such a comfort to me, and not expected at all. I spend so much time by myself, since I work from home, and I have found a friend on the radio. Silly, I guess, because there are probably millions of us who feel similarly about Liz. But I still feel blessed and happy to "know" her. Maybe one day we'll meet in person. What a concept!
If you happen to be in the listening range for KSBJ, check them out. I can never go back to "traditional" radio, and maybe you'll enjoy it too. Oh- and if you aren't in range, you can listen to them anywhere with an Internet connection. So cool.

2 comments:

sara said...

Wow Andrea!! A half-marathon??? That's AWESOME!! I can't wait to hear how you do!

Cyndi R. said...

When in the 1/2 marathon and where is it? I was just talking to a friend tonight and we are looking to do our first marathon but needed one at least 8 weeks away...