Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A day in history- like all the others, but oh so different

I'm watching the inauguration, like so many people around the world are doing. Rick Warren is praying right now, and I am crying- a little bit. Things may change, oh they WILL change, but I am grateful to live in a country that still prays to the One True God as we swear in our president. (OOOOh- look at that bow on Aretha Franklin's hat...he he he! )
I am happy to say I am alive and an American today. For so many reasons, but this one stands out- today we are swearing in the 44th president peacefully elected to that post. Our country has messed lots of stuff up, but we have gotten that right. (Ok- sorry- if you are in the 3rd row of the presidential inauguration, don't chew gum...dude, you are on camera. smack smack smack)
I admire how on schedule this thing is- it is exactly 11:57 EST, and Biden is raising his hand.
I digress. But this real time blogging is neat!
In my 70 something years on this earth (God willing) there may never be another day like this one. The first African American president- pretty cool. I didn't vote for Obama, but I am praying for him and his cabinet. I will support him and my vow is to never speak poorly of him while he holds the office of president. I believe God is in control, completely, and with that I have nothing to fear.
One last live moment observation- a Jew, Korean, African American, and a woman are playing the prettiest musical quartet right now...this pushes the ceremony over the time frame (it's 12:02) but man- it's beautiful. Did I ever tell you I want to learn how to play the cello? Oh yeah- there is no sound quite like it. Thank you God for giving us music, and those people the talent to play it like they do.
God Bless America!!!

2 comments:

Cyndi R. said...

What a beautiful post Andrea. It made me lol- the smack, smack, smack I am guitly of on occasion. I agree, while I did not vote for Obama I am proud for the African Americans of the US. And I, like you vow not to speak poorly of Obama, will pray for this man and our nation. Love it!! God Bless.

The Kemper Clan said...

Love the "real time" blogging! You make me laugh!
I have an idea...you learn to play the cello, I will learn the violin, then we can play together at the inauguration of the 1st woman president...it will probably take me that long to learn the violin!!!