Monday, August 25, 2008

On the first day, of first grade....

Jonas started first grade today. And I'm so proud of how confident he was as he walked in to class and sat down. No clinging, no hesitation. He's a brave kid- most of the time. I'm happy to say that his teacher is a woman who a) has been teaching for 12 years, and b) is someone we KNOW! She goes to The Springs every once in awhile, and her daughter Gracie is Carleigh's age. Thank you God for such a blessing! I don't know her all that well, so I won't choose this school year to become her BFF, but at least I know she's a Christian and that she has kids of her own. My mom, and long time teacher, advised me to keep the relationship as it is now, and not to try to become too chummy with her while Jonas is in her class. It keeps things in perspective, and also makes Jonas aware of the position she holds as an authority figure. I agree.

Another fun note- Carleigh took the training wheels off her bike this weekend! I think both of my kids inherited the "bike gene" from Craig, as just like Jonas, she only needed one trip around the cul de sac with Craig holding the back of the bike before he let go and she was off!


I've also attached a picture of Speedy enjoying his favorite new place in our house... Cat- it's what's for dinner.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay Jonas! What a big boy! He and Carleigh look like the same child in that first picture!

I love the picture of 3/4 of your family. :) (And in this one, Carleigh looks a lot like you!)

Andrea Himmelsehr said...

Crazy, isn't it? Her eyes are more round and his have the Walzel droop, but they really do favor each other. Makes me wonder what a third child would look like...