Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A lovely evening

I mowed the front yard last night- it was the first time I've mowed a yard in almost 2 years. There is a definite difference between bermuda grass, which we had in Arlington, and the St Augustine we have here. The St Augustine is thicker and makes the process a little slower. Oh, and our yard is bigger than it was in Arlington. But it was wonderful. The sweat, the bugs, the grass clippings stuck to my legs, and the kids buzzing around the street on their bikes and scooters, chatting it up with the neighbors. I told Craig I was happier last night amidst all of that than I have been in a long time.

While Carleigh has gotten the general hang of the bike with no training wheels, she may be destined for NASCAR. She can only make left hand turns around our cul de sac. I tried to get her to turn right and go the other way, but it freaked her out and she stopped. Craig remembers that Jonas did the same thing for awhile, but I don't remember that.

I also watched a wonderful movie after the kids went to bed last night, Becoming Jane. It was beautiful, and funny, and I loved it! I like movies that don't have perfect endings, and this one surely fit my taste. I also like James McAvoy. I had a mild crush on him when he played the fawn Mr. Tumnus in Chronicles of Narnia, so I truly enjoyed seeing him on two human legs and with his normal nose and hair in Becoming Jane. And if Anne Hathaway isn't the cutest thing in movies today...

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Mowing the yard became my new found therapy once we bought a house a few years ago. I love it!

Becoming Jane is one of my all time favorite movies (although I hear it's not entirely accurate). I think it's one of only two times that I cried in a theatre! We'll have to plan a springs girl's movie night for the Fall and include that one!

Andrea Himmelsehr said...

Ooooh- that sounds great! We must do that!