Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Meant to be?

When I was in the Army, I was in the Signal Corp. This means my job had to do with communications. This the symbol that represents the Signal Corps.
I was reminded of this when I went to Google today and decided to look up Himmelsehr in the image files. This came up in the search results, and it didn't suprise me until I remembered I was a Walzel when I was in the Army, not Himmelsehr. So I went to the related site and browsed through it only to find my father-in-law's name, Ron Himmelsehr. He, too, was in the Signal Corp when he was in the Army. How bizarre. But not out of the realm of weird for me and Craig. When we met, it was on Craig's birthday, and my birthday was the next day. For our first Valentine's day, we bought each other the exact same card. We had the same PIN for our ATM cards, and it stands for the same thing. Every one of Craig's older sisters married a member of the armed forces, all different branches. The only one not represented was Army, and Craig married me, so we solved that. Our moms have the same middle name (which is why Carleigh's middle name is Jean).
Just wanted to share that...guess I am missing my hubby!

No comments: